Easy Snowskin Mooncakes
150ml boiling water (or to replace with milk/soy milk/pandan juice)
Mooncake Paste of your choice, divided into 25g portions (red bean, pure lotus, durian lotus paste etc)
For coloring mooncake dough:. Green Tea, Purple Potato, Cocoa, Beetroot Powder etc.
1. Pour boiling water into a mixing bowl filled with Korean Mooncake Premix.Mix well.
2. Add shortening into the mixture and mix well.
3. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
4. Divide dough into small portions of 25g. Add in coloring, if desire. Roll each to a smooth round dough, roll out with a rolling pin and wrap a portion of 25g mooncake paste up with dough. Seal well.
5. Shape with a mooncake mold (50g mold)
6. Chill 1 - 2 hour in fridge to firm mooncakes up before serving.