- Providing an opportunity for beginners to learn a new skill and becoming a better cake designer
- Learning the proper method in creating a realistic edible flower and fondant texture technique
INTRODUCTORY TO SUGARFLOWERS
- Brief explanation on the techniques, usage and skill of making of Sugarflowers
- Demonstrating on the making of Flower Paste and introducing the ingredients and sources of making the homemade paste. Students will be given Flower paste Recipe.
- Introduction to the tools in the making of Sugarflowers from sizes, detailed explanation of the usage of the equipment and tools
METHOD & HANDS-ON
- Students will be taught the HOW, DO’s and DON’Ts in making centres and petals using wires and non-wires.
- Demonstration and Hands-on in making 3 different flowers, ie Rose, Orchid and Carnation. Student will also be shown how to assemble the wreath.
- Demonstration and brief explanation on using non-toxic colour dust on flowers.
- Learning how to create texture on fondant
- Explanation on prepping work surface, tools and ingredients.
- Learn to assemble petals, stamens and mound using floral wire.
- Demonstrating the method of arranging delicate Sugarflowers on fondant.